The Clinical Program at Little Creek Lodge
Alcohol and drug addiction recovery in Pennsylvania
Our clinical program unfolds in The 3 Stages of Care, and is an in-depth, comprehensive approach utilized by professional counselors and experienced staff.
Little Creek residents are expected to commit to a minimum of a 90-day program. Ninety is not a magic number; it does not mean that everyone is ready to transition after a 90-day period. The Three Stages of Care are designed to break down the barriers and fear surrounding the change needed for ongoing recovery.
Little Creek Lodge offers a wide variety of programs designed to facilitate a healthy, sober lifestyle, and to empower men to feel good about the choices they make.
The 3 Stages of Care
Stage I: Admission Stage
- Understanding what you’re working on
- The Disease Concept
- 5 Stages of Grief
- Cross Addiction
- First 3 steps of AA
- Emotional first step
- Anger management, coping skills & reaction time
Stage II: Growth and Personal Development Stage
- Fear of success
- What is responsibility?
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Sponsorship AA
- Asking for help
- Home visits & family integration
- Relationships: letting go of people, places and things
- Planning for transition, step down & sober-living relocation
- Employment, education & vocational training
- Working on trust
- Spiritual growth
Stage III: Preparing to Transition Stage
- Applying new-found knowledge
- Giving it away
- Community leadership
- Next stage transition: presenting as ready
- No longer defensive
- Living in the here and now
- Actively moving toward change
- Occurrence of spiritual growth
- Acceptance stage
The Recreational Program at Little Creek Lodge helps residents learn to trust, and to be trusted, again. It is designed to promote healthy interaction between peers, and to allow relationships to build ins a healthy and safe way. Common activities and excursions for Adventure Trek include:
- Kayaking on the Delaware
- Zip Lining
- Mountain Biking
- Fishing – ponds, streams, rivers, ocean
- Swimming – pools, lakes, rivers, ocean
- Skiing –Okemo Mountain in Ludlow, VT (3 days), Elk Mountain and Montage Mountain
- River Rafting
- Horse Back Riding
- Amusement Parks – Dorney, Knoebles (overnight camping)
- Iron Man – overnight kayaking/ mountain biking.
- Trips to New York City and Philadelphia
- Camel Beach
- Full gym on property
- Weekly Personal Trainer
- Bi-Weekly Yoga classes or Thai Chi
- Wilkes-Barre Penguins Hockey
- Scranton Yankees Baseball Games
Vocational Group and consultation is available for residents. Tutoring in GED or college studies is also available.
Our Family Program is the first Sunday of every month at 10:00 a.m. It is held at the Rule 62 Café, an adjacent property to Little Creek Lodge. Little Creek staff and a rotation of guest speakers conduct this program. We have hosted speakers in from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Florida, Tennessee and Washington. Parents are to know the importance of their role in the process of recovery. We also accommodate by referring them to parent groups that are available in their local areas.
Our Music studio is the only one of its kind in the area. Residents can jam and practice music in the music room. When a resident is ready to record a project options and planning will take place. There is great satisfaction found in the experience of completing a task from beginning to end, and residents take pride in completing a project. Record your own songs and make a CD.
Visit Rehab Recordings www.rehabrecordings.com for a glimpse of the music our residents have created here at Little Creek.
Additional information for parents
All meals are prepared by a Culinary Institute of America graduate. Meals are nutritional and of the highest quality. Food allergies are noted for all residents and dietary consults are available when requested.
Transportation is included for job searches within a 5-mile radius. All independent appointments outside a 5-mile radius are $20 per hour, including transportation to an outside counselor, therapist or doctor.
Doctor Visits and Medication
Initial doctor visit is included. All subsequent visits are subject to rate of $20/hour.
Medication is filled at Rite Aid Pharmacy in Hamlin, PA. All prescriptions are picked up and billed on a monthly invoice. Any questions or concerns about medications may be discussed with Little Creek Lodge staff or the pharmacist at Rite Aid: (570) 689-4660.
Method of payment:
Most insurances are accepted; however, you must meet your deductible and individual out of pocket expense upon admission and co-insurance as dictated by your individual coverage.
- We also accept private pay, personal check or credit card (3% additional charge added for use of credit card)
- Scholarship requests will need to send in two years of tax returns, which will be reviewed by the Foundation Board for approved rate.
CALL FOR COSTS: (570) 689-2644