Our Clinical Program
Our clinical program unfolds in The 3 Stages of Care and is an in-depth, comprehensive approach utilized by professional counselors and experienced staff.
Little Creek residents are expected to commit to a minimum of a 90-day program. Ninety is not a magic number; it does not mean that everyone is ready to transition after a 90-day period. The 3 stages of care are designed to break down the barriers and fear surrounding the change needed for ongoing recovery.
The 3 Stages of Care
- The Disease Concept
- 5 Stages of Grief
- Cross Addiction
- First 3 steps of AA
- Emotional first step
- Anger management, coping skills & reaction time
- Fear of success
- What is responsibility?
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Sponsorship AA
- Asking for help
- Home visits & family integration
- Relationships: letting go of people, places & things
- Planning for transition, step down & sober-living relocation
- Employment, education & vocational training
- Working on trust
- Spiritual growth
- Applying new-found knowledge
- Giving it away
- Community leadership
- Next stage transition: presenting as ready
- No longer defensive
- Living in the here & now
- Actively moving toward change
- Occurrence of spiritual growth
- Acceptance stage
- Mountain Bike
- Zip Line
- Kayak River Trips on the Delaware
- Field Trips to NYC, Philly
- Knoebels Camping Trips
- Dorney Park & Wild Water Kingdom
- Camel Beach
- Vermont’s Okemo Mountain Skiing
- Elk Mountain Skiing
- Montage Mountain Skiing
- Full gym on property
- Weekly Personal Trainer
- Bi-Weekly Yoga classes or Thai Chi
- Wilkes-Barre Penguins Hockey
- Scranton Yankees Baseball Games
Vocational consultation is available for residents looking for a career track.
Tutoring in GED or College studies is available.
Our Family Program is the first Sunday of every month at 10:00 a.m. It is held at the Rule 62 Café, an adjacent property to Little Creek Lodge. Little Creek staff and a rotation of guest speakers conduct this program. We have hosted speakers in from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Florida, Tennessee and Washington. Parents are to know the importance of their role in the process of recovery. We also accommodate by referring them too parent groups that are available in their local areas.
Residents can jam and practice music in the music room. When a resident is ready to record a project we call in an engineer who guides the resident in the recording process. There is great satisfaction found in the experience of completing a task from beginning to end, and residents take pride in completing a project.
Weekly music classes, instruction to learn an instrument, or recording techniques. Record your own songs and make a CD.
Shoot your own video! Have some fun being sober.
Visit Rehab Recordings www.rehabrecordings.com for a glimpse of the music our residents have created here at Little Creek.
All meals are prepared by a Culinary Institute of America graduate. Meals are nutritional and of the highest quality. Food allergies are noted for all residents and dietary consults are available when requested.
Transportation is included to job searches within a 5 mile radius. All independent appointments outside a 5-mile radius are $20 Per hour such as transportation to an outside counselor, therapist or doctor.
Doctor Visits and Medication
Initial doctor visit is included. All subsequent visits are subject to rate of $20/hour.
Medication is filled at Rite Aid Pharmacy in Hamlin, PA. All prescriptions are picked up and billed on a monthly invoice. Any questions or concerns about medications may be discussed with Little Creek Lodge staff or the pharmacist at Rite Aid. (570) 689-4660
Program rates and method of payment:
Most insurances are accepted, however you must meet your deductible upon admission and co-insurance as dictated by your individual coverage. There is a one time $200.00 Physicians Evaluation Fee.
- We also accept private pay, personal check or credit Card (3% additional charge added for use of credit card)
- Scholarship requests will need to send in 2 years of tax returns and are reviewed by the Foundation Board for approved rate.
CALL FOR COSTS (570) 689-2644